We at Get Ranked on Page One, are extremely proud of our hometown, Jacksonville, Florida.
I’ve always referred to Jacksonville as a “hidden gem.”
For most visitors to Florida, Jacksonville is invisible and unknown. To them, the state doesn’t really start until south of the “I-4 corridor,” which is the line that connects Daytona Beach, Orlando, and the Tampa/St. Pete area.
However, in my opinion, these visitors have no idea what they’re missing.
Let me start off with a few interesting facts about our great city.
- Jacksonville is the largest city in the continental United States, with over 840 square miles?
- Jacksonville has the largest urban park system in the United States, consisting of over 400 city parks, 3 national parks, and seven state parks, totaling over 80,000 acres! There are several major parks located on the beautiful St. John’s River, which bisects Jacksonville, and you can enjoy beach activities at oceanfront parks.
- Jacksonville has two major military bases, Mayport Naval Station, located at the mouth of the St. John’s River, and Jacksonville Naval Air Station, located on the west bank of the St. John’s River, southwest of downtown Jacksonville.
- The majestic St. John’s River is one of the few rivers in North America that flows north instead of south.
- The Navy’s Flight Demonstration Squadron, the Blue Angels, was established at Jacksonville Naval Air Station in 1946, and, to honor that fact, perform in the Jacksonville area every year, alternating between venues at the Jacksonville Naval Air Station and Jacksonville Beach.
- The military employs over 30,000 active-duty personnel and 20,000 civilians in the Jacksonville area.WalletHub has rated Jacksonville as one of the best large cities in which to start a business.
- There are 21 golf courses in Jacksonville, including 3 municipal courses, plus another 18 within 20 miles of Jacksonville. The Jacksonville area has two of the top golf attractions in the world–TPC Sawgrass, home of The Players Championship, and the World Golf Hall of Fame. Each is located just a short drive south of downtown Jacksonville.
Getrankedonpageone.com, a Jacksonville SEO company, can help your company take advantage of this outstanding business climate. If your business has an online presence, Get Ranked On Page One can get your website to the top of search engine results–quickly. In future posts, I’ll get down to the specifics of what you should see and do in and around Jacksonville, should you ever be lucky enough to visit our city.